FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YVR
Thread: Cars at YVR
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:19 pm
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Cars at YVR

January 30, 2010 - National at Vancouver International Airport now has Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection, in addition to Emerald Reserve. Here is the layout when you walk out of the Rental Car Centre, nearest stalls first:

Right Side
Emerald Aisle
Fullsize (about 4 spaces)
Midsize (2-3 spaces on end)

Left Side
Executive Selection
Fullsize SUV (2-3 spaces)
SUV (4-5 spaces, note this is for both Intermedoate and Standard SUVs)
Luxury (3 spaces on end)

Premium seems to have disappeared altogether. Also no word yet on where to find Economy, Compact, or Minivans. To the left of the EA/ES/ER is Alamo's area, and National has a row of numbered stalls there too. This area appears to be for one-way cars and other assorted categories (e.g. hybrids).

Here are my observations at 8:00 am on October 10 (Saturday of a long weekend). Overall the aisle was well stocked with only a couple of empty stalls.

Compact

There were only two stalls, with a Chevy Cobalt and a Pontiac G6 (possibly a 4-cyl, couldn't tell). There was also an Economy stall with a Cobalt in it.

Midsize
  • Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger
  • Chrysler PT Cruiser
  • Dodge Caliber
  • Pontiac G6
About 2-3 of each.

Fullsize
  • Chrysler 300 Touring
  • Ford Fusion
  • Mercury Grand Marquis
There were two each of the Fusion and G.M., and about five 300's

Premium/Luxury
  • Chrysler 300C
  • Ford Mustang (possibly a GT)
  • Ford Taurus (newer Five Hundred style)
  • Lincoln MKS
  • Lincoln Town Car
There was one of each. Also the stalls I could see were marked Premium but I'm not sure if some of the stalls were marked Luxury or not...my view was obscured and that's when the booth attendant kinda started looking at me funny...

SUV
  • Ford Escape (several)
  • Ford Explorer Sport Trac (one)
  • Jeep Patriot (two)
There was also a Ford Flex parked at the end under "Fullsize SUV"

Minivan section was all Dodge Grand Caravans and one Ford Flex.

I didn't see any hybrids despite having booked one for November and being given Emerald Reserve service. I did notice that Alamo had at least three on their ready line so chances are National might send you there if you have one booked.

Last edited by Tuneman1984; Jan 31, 2010 at 10:27 am