FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regional C *A RTW & (hopefully) finishing flying every route (100+) for an airline
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:11 am
Moomba

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
OKIWI to CLARIS (NZOX-GBZ) on Fly My Sky Britten Norman Islander (BN-2B) in couch class

As the map linked above shows, this is a short hop. Not quite as short as the Westray to Papa Westray inter-island 2 minute flight in the hebrides, but not particularly long either. By straight line it is about 6 miles, but we fly around the hills instead of over them, adding a good 50% to the distance.

Ah yes memories. Incidentally for those of you wishing to try out the Britten Norman Islander in the UK you need to head up to Orkney and fly the route Kiwi mentions above.

Much fun to be had in couch class.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...39#post9958639

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
When Qantas released pictures of their new first class I was not impressed. <snip>The impression I got from the pictures was a nice product, better than the current Qantas first class (on 747), but not as good as I'd hoped. Perhaps upper quartile rather than top notch.

I'm happy to say the pictures do make it seem worse than it is. Unfortunately this is no leading first class product either, but I guess that is deliberate strategy on Qantas' part.
Interesting as the same has been said about the pictures of the new F on CX where a picture definitely doesn't paint a thousand words. Those seats are so much more when you actually get to fly in them.

Thanks for the great reporting Kiwi Flyer.