FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel now open [Master Thread]
Old Oct 8, 2008, 10:58 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Verrrry nice!

Stayed here last night, and I felt like I was pulling up to the Bellagio in Vegas! OK, I'm exaggerating, but it does have a very nice fountain out front, and the artist's rendition on SPG website does not do the building justice.

Very classy, traditional decor inside. Beautiful fireplace as you walk in, warm wood finishes everywhere. (It was like the antithesis to the W hotel, which I hate by the way.)

I was upgraded to Club Floor and as you step off the elevator you are facing another 2 way fireplace which backs into the lounge.

Rooms are huge with a massive desk to spread all my stuff out on. Free wired high speed in room.

I checked out the fitness room. Only 3 steppers and 3 treadmills at this time, but lots of room for more equipment.

Overall great impression. I would stay here again. Rates are only $139/night. Very close to 3M headquarters. Biggest drawback is hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere (and seemed surprisingly empty, I was alone in the club lounge for breakfast at 7:30!).