FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - starwood ruined my honeymoon too...(rant)
Old Oct 7, 2008, 2:37 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by humperdink
i have been a starwood member for the last 6 years, platinum for 4, this year downgraded to gold.

funny side note, with the platinum amex, which i orginally got for airline lounges, starwood gold status is automatic, so if i do have to stay at a starwood i will have the exact same status as i have now, without having to make one stay to qualify.
What type of upgrade were you hoping for as a Gold?

I've said this before, if it's a special occasion book the room type you want. Don't wish for an upgrade or special treatment because you call, email or fax the hotel and tell them you're a newlywed. The generosity of the hotel cannot be guaranteed.

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I would agree 1/15 upgrades is very very low and much lower than my platinum experience.
The OP is Gold elite.

Originally Posted by mrEzE
Ummm...I don't see how this is a ruined honeymoon. Seems like a snag that was corrected before you unpacked, then an undeserved jr. suite and champagne at the etoile, which more than made up for an inconvenience. Good trying to generate 43,000 views with this story.
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
You're kidding right ?

So, in short, you're saying your whole honeymoon was runied because you were allocated a bad room, in one hotel, but were moved when you complained about it ?
Exactly what I was thinking!