FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed, Voting Complete: Travel Health & Fitness forum
Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:55 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Exactly, and another reason why I'd like the TB members to fulfill their obligations by being able to serve and vote. I think TB members serve both TB & the FT community better when they are able to regularly vote on proposals/motions vs being unable to do so for non-travel related reasons.

I think a couple of the TB members that voted against it were spooked by the (relative) failure of the senior forum & lower count of other created forums. As lin821 pointed out, the group that would frequent the health/fitness forum would probably encompass a much larger set than that of the senior forum and have a better chance of being successful so I'm quite disappointed that it was voted down because of the concern re: other forums.

Because the majority of the FTers posting on the thread were supportive & indicated they would frequent such a forum, I think it will be proposed again in '09 and hopefully at that time will be approved.

Cheers.
It's interesting that people are blaming the person who didn't vote more than the 3 that voted AGAINST this proposal. Seems like more than a little bleed-over from the Talkboard Guidelines, thread, methinks.