FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Failed, Voting Complete: Travel Health & Fitness forum
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:38 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Agree 100%

If I am flying to Cuba or Libya or Suriname or Tunisia or Burma or Sri Lanka (as I have in the past year or so) I'll be wanting to ask a trained medical professional what jabs and tablets I need, not some anonymous armchair expert on FT who learned all they know from a 1994 Lonely Planet most likely.
So don't use it!

Seriously though, to me the purpose of this forum is to discuss staying healthy on the road. I don't know if it'll be a popular forum, but as someone who gained about 15 pounds over the past 3 years while being a weekly business traveler & eating expensed meals & staying in hotels & often being too exhausted to try to work out, this could have been beneficial for me (although I just switched to a desk job ). I can see how this could provide value to some members. You've got to remember, not everyone travels the same way on FlyerTalk & there are a variety of different folks with different experiences. Want to ask about physcial reactions to Malarone or want to know if other travelers have a recommended diet while flying, maybe this forum is for you. Don't want to know it, maybe it's not for you?