FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:05 am
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Carolinian
...your crappy 3-tier system it is a much disservice to customers, who are getting screwed... I hope I can burn my miles at NW before you pirates at DL hijack them to SkyPiles.
I guess my earlier suggestions fell on deaf ears.

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Do I expect Jeff Robertson not to take the corporate BS line "Know that we value your business."? No of course I don't. Yeah, you value our business, just not enough to NOT devalue the Skymiles program. At a value of 1¢ per mile, you just devalued the SkySaver rate 5150 skymiles... You are the ones that sold your souls (and your skymiles) to AMEX and every last one star restaurant, hotel, flower shop, and investment banker to gain revenue, then come back and devalue them... You value us just about as much as any other airline, and that's where I cry BS on this "enhancement".
I redeemed for three "low" 25K weekend tickets yesterday at a value of about 1.7 CPM (calculated by determining the lowest price I would have had to pay on *any* airline for similar trips). This is actually sub-par for me in recent months, but is above my average redemption value from last year. I see no notable difference in overall availability for this year versus the last two, and I'm actually getting higher CPMs. I don’t fly into every market, so maybe its just unique to my needs.

Originally Posted by AngryPrez
Frequent flyers have an expectation that they will be able to redeem miles for tickets at levels which are announced by Delta. Delta's credibility suffers tremendously when you can't find tickets at those published levels...
See above. Are you saying that you are *never* able to redeem in accordance with what they promise, or just not for the particular trips and dates you want? As far as I'm aware, low/saver awards have never been available for all dates, all cities, and all times. Flexibility and location have always been key factors in determining success.