FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:43 pm
jgold

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by jgold
Despite some recent poor reviews (or really in the absence of having read some of those poor reviews) I just booked two nights in March 2009 using cash and points. The odd thing is that Starwood's website still doesn't have cash rates ("Book Our Best Rate") loaded. I looked at Expedia, and with respect to the Westin for my dates, it says no rooms are available. But there definitely are cash and points rooms available (even after I booked my rooms with cash and points). It just seemed odd that only people with points can stay at this hotel during my dates (at least if they book it over the Internet). Makes me feel like I'm part of some exclusive club...
Fascinating. One day after I posted this, NO rooms are bookable at the Westin Kyoto. I apologize in advance to anyone who can't book a room as a result of this. Foolishly, I had thought that the response to my post (if any) would be to make the room bookable BOTH for cash and for C&P, rather than for NEITHER, but live and learn. (Obviously, it's possible that the change in bookability wasn't the result of my post, but I'll make the leap and assume it was.)