FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2008, 6:17 pm
diana

The service was fantastic...as is with anyone, anywhere in Bali from what I have encountered. The chief butler, Tony, made sure that I was well taken care of, and had it not been for Tony I would have probably changed hotels after the first night.

My stay did not start off well. There was no airport immigration assistance and this is a big issue with me and is why I usually stay the first night in Bali at the Intercontinental because of their arrival assistance. My recommendation to anyone arriving from the airport be sure that you let them know this and remind them prior to your arrival.

The food was awesome. The breakfast, which is included, was the best part of the meals. They had servers bringing around assorted items which you could try. I loved the passion fruit smoothie. My big complaint and this one is huge for me, is that it takes forever to get some coffee. They bring it out one cup at a time. One time it took at least fifteen minutes. I need my coffee in the morning and the house blend provided in the room is too mild for me. Even when the butler brings a pot it is lukewarm. I am sure that this will be corrected with time.

The food at KayuPuti is very good, a little on the expensive side for Bali, but you have to remember this is a five star hotel with a one star Michelain pastry chef. I would definitely come back for lunch. That way I could enjoy the beautiful view and order what I want (i.e. pizza only available for lunch). Harold, the somnelier and manager, is very uptight although a nice guy who is passionate about wine.

I ordered room service one night and the butler was so excited to set the table up and make sure everything was right. The food was a little lukewarm but that should improve with time.

Another big issue for me is the lounge chairs at the pool and villas. They are fixed and not adjustable, although aesthetically appealling. I go to Bali for the sun and the bales available around the pool are comfortable but shaded. There are no chairs on the beach, however they will put one of those unadjustable chairs on the beach for you if you ask them.

Overall, I loved the hotel. I hope to return in a few months and see if anything has changed. I want to give a special thanks to Tony and Frank, the general manager, who made my trip most enjoyable.