FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2008, 11:07 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HookEm
Fredd - Your review is very good, but there is no way a person can 'walk' to the metro stop in 2 minutes. You can sprint and assuming you make the green light just right, you might be able to get to the down stairs in a couple of minutes or so. But you still have to negotiate yourself to the actual metro platform. It is a very fine hotel, but it is inconvenient to the main tourist attractions.
We've been out of the country and I just ran across this reply. Heh.

Please read what I wrote once again: The Prague Hilton is a 6-8 minute walk from here but it is only a 2-minute walk from the Florenc metro stop once you step off the hotel property so for us with five-day passes the location isn't a determining factor.

Once you step off the hotel property you walk through the Lékárna mini-mall and either use the light or - gasp - jaywalk as we did once or twice along with locals, about a two-minute walk for us. Yes, it might take three. Yes, I plead guilty to describing the metro stop as the top of the stairs at the stop, not all the way down to the platform. I didn't count the number of steps either.

If you have one night in Prague and want to walk out of your hotel immediately onto a pedestrian thoroughfare, you won't go wrong picking the Old Town. If you're staying for several days and planning to buy a multi-day public transit pass and travel to various locations by public transit, particularly if you're a Hilton Diamond, I stand by my strong recommendation of the Hilton Prague over the Old Town. YMMV.

Cheers,
Fredd