FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Give up and go private?
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2008, 4:23 pm
abcxyz

Programs: LH HON Circle, Premier M&M World MC, UA MP
Agree with your post on many counts, though I don't agree that the 12min they charge to refuel (this is SkyJet, didn't look into NetJets as heavily) is a big deal. If you're only one or two people; or you're picking up a client, why would I rent a Challenger when I can get a LearJet 30 and pay for the small jet pricing rather than a large jet price?

And yes, being able to fly into a small aeroport and not deal with security is nice. Can save A LOT of time - just being five minutes from where you need to be, rather than 1h from the aeroport.

Waste of money to not fly JFK-BOS on a regional jet of some major airline.

My ultimate goal is to eventually buy a GIII or Challenger, have NetJets maintain it, make money when I don't use it, and use it when I do so I can cover costs. Looks like it can come pretty close.

I'm looking forward to the new LearJet that is coming out. The most important thing to me in a jet is a place to work (be it a table or a tray table), and 180 degree seats. A couch that pulls out is great, but not necessary (maybe the day I am a billionaire, heh).