FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I get Miles from Hotels on Hotwire & Priceline
Old Jul 10, 2003, 9:48 pm
Renard

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Typically you will not get points for the money you'll pay for your room paid to either priceline or hotwire. I always give my little card to them when I check in and it has been taken without question each time. My intent is that I would get points for incidentals paid to the hotel and for the price paid to priceline/hotwire. I have not had to beg the people at the hotel to take it. I have typically not received points for what I paid for the room but have always received them for any incidentals...at least with starwood and marriott. I don't give them the reward card in order to receive anything I am not entitled to ...so don't beat me up. Your starwood status is honored no matter how you pay for the room .. this is according to the 'starwood lurker' who is the official starwood liason to flyertalk.com. He wrote this in the Starwood forum. He has stated that without doubt that if one has status with starwood you should get whatever upgrades etc that your status would entitle you to as if you bought it full price....you don't get stay credit towards keeping your status for the next year when you purchase off of priceline/hotwire nor points paid to priceline etc.