FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread
Old Sep 27, 2008, 7:14 am
sbrennan007

Programs: UA 1K, AA, LH, BMI, BA, HHilton
Originally Posted by hindukid
How closely related does the caller need to be to the passenger. I probably handle all the airline stuff for 20 different family members and friends. I have all their passwords and information and they just trust me to do what's best.

I normally pretend to be the passenger or their husband. Do I need to pretned or can I just be honest about who I am.

For instance if my uncle ask me to use his wife's miles for an award ticket for his daughter. I normally will claim to be my uncle and say that I would like to use my wife's miles for my daughter. Can I just be honest and say that I'm booking a ticket for my cousin with my aunt's miles.

I recently had to book an award to Bali for my brother's wife's sister's fiancee. It probably would have seemed rather odd if I admitted who I actually was.
Actually, I've always just told them who I am and that I'm making travel arrangements for others that aren't as comfortable about it.

I know in this day and age it's become allot easier, but there are still some that are intimidated by it.

I know your probably like me in the respect that I'm happy when I can help someone out, then tell them, go to the airport, tell them this, go to this gate, board plane.

In short, I personally don't see anything wrong with trying to help others out. ^