FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving CO Due to 2009 Changes? Where to and Why?
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:59 am
dan1431

I tend to look at things fairly differently than most FTer's, these losses are inevitable and there are more lurking around the corner as all the major airlines circle the toilet and try to figure out ways to generate money without really upsetting the flying public. Honestly, I am shocked at how accepting people are of bag fees and paying for everything not bolted down to the actual aircraft.

Beyond that, I have no idea why CO is matching UA on so many fronts that it is getting harder to differentiate one from the other. (Maybe that it is the point) While the loss of a 25% RDM bonus is lamentable, it is not that big of a deal IMHO. What is a big deal is that I am potentially going to have to deal with UA (using their clubs in ORD/DEN/SFO/NRT and dealing with their generally poor front line staff) and that in of itself gives me pause about sticking with CO.

Granted, there is not one legacy carriers that is all roses and there are many that are far less desirable than CO, but as CO degrades their product and FF program more and more, there is less differentiation and for the first time I might let price dictate my loyalty.

In summation, I am going to stick with CO for now because I am not going to jump over to US and DL/NW does not really add much that CO does not already provide. AA is an option, but they really do not fly where I want to go and MIA is a pit.

Dan