FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:24 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mooper

Drew - As someone who runs a tech company and employs a lot of people with your skill set and challenges (not related to airlines, but similar data parsing demands), I want you to know that you are doing an admirable job by bearing the heat from a lot of people who don't understand the extent of the data demands and/or who misattribute their problems with Delta's price and fee structure to you (you aren't the one taking those decisions). The fact you are so communicative and open to feedback and criticism is one of the primary reasons I purchased a bunch of DAL stock when it was in the 4s, as I know from experience that open interaction with developers can result in incredible progress if given time. Please keep at it and know that I and many others know that you are working with what you've been given and will eventually work out the remaining kinks (far fewer than there were before you started this) and leave us with the best award redemption system in the industry.
Have you considered that the greatest heat is not "from people who don't understand the extent of the data demands and/or who misattribute their problems with Delta's price and fee structure to [him]"? That heat really has come or will come from DL management on a mission.

The "people who don't understand" or really care about "the extent of the data demands" is DL management on a mission?