FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask a United Reservation Agent - Q & A thread
Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:59 pm
mbpasadena

Programs: Mileage Plus GM (former Premier Silver) : Delta : Air Canada : AmEx Plat :
Many thanks for the background information

I'm adding my voice of thanks for sharing what you can about Reservation and related operations and policies.

I had reason to call Reservations today, I'm a General Member. It sounded as though I reached the Philippine office (based on accent, both the agent and the service director). I'll say that they were good-natured and kind in their responses, and the service director explained things clearly. By the way--the agent did nothing wrong, my question resulted in an action that required the next level of approval.

It helped to have that background information; there's an office in the PI (I'm accustomed to India), and that the next level is not necessarily termed "supervisor". I've long grown accustomed to the names of agents being fictitious, I am learning to say "how can I identify you?" if I want to mention the agent in other correspondence.

So again, a word of thanks and appreciation for your efforts here at Flyertalk.