FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneway rentals - eg Toronto to Montreal $550 dropoff fee !
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:50 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Thanks jackal for the informative tip!

I do have a free 2 day coupon with National so I might just use that and pay for the mileage at 0.25 per km. But even driving from Toronto to Ottawa to Montreal in 2 days and full coverage will cost less than what Thrifty wants to charge me in the drop off fee.
Not sure, but I did a one-way with Avis in the States once and got unlimited mileage (strangely, I got unlimited mileage if I booked with no corporate code and capped mileage if I booked with my corporate code!). Not sure if Avis does one-ways between the locations you're looking at, but it might be worth checking them. (Companies will usually only do one-ways between corporate-owned locations--one-ways between franchises or between franchises and corporate stores would be complicated, as the franchisee would basically have to sell the car to the other franchise or corporate when it got dropped off, since they're basically separate companies!)