FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So, I won a trip to Australia on United...
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:31 am
Monolith2

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
I live in Toronto.My company has a office in Melbourne. I am there every 6-8 weeks. Unfortunately October I will be visiting my South African office. I will be in Australia in November if you decide to extend your trip

It would be a pity to go to Australia and not visit Melbourne. Melbourne is less expensive than Sydney. More to see and experience than Sydney IMHO.
It will be spring, Melbourne is lovely in Spring. PM if you need tips.
Ahh, darn! I'd totally LOVE to extend my trip through November, but I think I'd need to sign up for a few more credit cards to make it happen... lol.

I'll definitely try to get down to Melbourne, you make it sound really nice. Google maps says it's about 10 hours away by car, so I can probably catch a bus down. One more thing to add to my "to-do" list!

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie
Monolith2: I've read through this thread and you keep making me smile because of your enthusiasm about the whole thing. I don't think they could have found a better winner! Have a great time and when you get back, please let us know what you got up to while you were there. I think you are going to have a terrific time.

Cheers!

yrf
haha, thanks! I'm definitely excited about going.

I'll be sure to take a lot of pics and post them up when I get back.

------

John26 and Converse34, purchasing an upgrade isn't really an option for me, and since it's only 2 days until I leave (omg!!! ), I don't think I'd have much luck scoring better seats through the travel agency or the promoter at this point. Thanks for tryin' to help, though! I'm sure I'll manage... I'll just keep a picture of Sydney harbor in my carry-on bag to remind me that it'll be worth it.