FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:24 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Did you get it done... got off work late tonight-but can help now

I am surprised you brought that computer with you on your trip... you've got the iphone... well- guess your giving it a great last-hurrah. I do have a 802.11 g USB adapter @ my house- probably could figure out a way to make it work on a Mac... but not sure-

Bout time you switched to PC's anyway

Good luck on the rest of your flights with AK & NokAir, and lets see that flightmemory updated!
Ugh...bought a USB 802.11g adapter from an electronics shop here. Obviously made in Asia (a surprising number of electronics sold in Singapore are imported from the US and correspondingly are more expensive than you can find online!) and I'm in a duty-free area of Malaysia (mmm...good German chocolates like Ritter Sport's Yoghurt flavor for 1/4 what they are in ANC!)...yet it still cost me $50! And that was after bargaining with the guy! (He then added a 2.5% charge for using a credit card...can't really dispute that with the card company as the total price still came out to less than it was marked at...but retailers here do a lot of surcharges for cards and minimum purchase amounts, both of which are verboten by the credit card associations...)

Oh well...at least now I have FT!

iPhone is convenient, but honestly, it's not a replacement for a full computer. No way I could have taken that quiz on the iPhone! (Actually, I probably could have, since there isn't anything on BlackBoard that requires Flash or Java, but it would have been a lot of squinting and scrolling...got a 27/30 on it, btw...)

All right...Flickr pics will have to wait another day or so, as I have a flight that departs in 8 hours, 11 minutes and I still have yet to go to bed! (Posting at 1:24am local time...) Besides, 'Net here is pretty slow...about 512/128, maybe...where are all these 100mbps connections for $5 per month I hear about that are all over Asia?

(FlightMemory will get updated around the same time...hotel I just booked in BKK does have free wifi, so I'll be able to use my shiny new adapter and fix both Flickr and FlightMemory...)