FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My first intro to a "Chairman"
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:35 am
jgsx
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by lardiop
I asked about Europe on the CHM line the other day, not sure how this would translate for PC folks:

The CHM CSR stated that the program is geared towards the US and Canada but most major European centers are at least aware of the program. She mentioned a few locations including Heathrow and Frankfurt as usually being good about CHM's.

I was also told to call and make the reservation directly through the CHM desk and make a point of asking that a heads-up be given to the overseas location requesting whatever I needed.
I regularly rented both domestically and internationally as both a President and Chairman. In the USA, President usually got me an upgrade to a Town Car, but I often had to go into ask for an upgrade. Nothing too special. There was no special treatment or upgrades as a President at LHR. As others have posted, the special treatment that Chairmans get in the USA is simply amazing. The only thing it got me at LHR was two bottles of water in my car. No upgrades, and not even a front row spot.

My understanding is that Chairman status is a USA/Canada thing.