FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Compensation Definitive Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:27 am
GeorgeK

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam
Unhappy DL rejects EU 261 Claim...

Originally Posted by motytrah
It will be interesting to see how they respond to the EU 261 filing.
I rec'd the following from Delta regarding my claim under EU 261:

Your request refers to a European Union (EU) regulation that applies to Delta flights departing from an EU member country. Under certain circumstances, passengers affected by a cancellation may qualify for reimbursement or compensation.

Detailed information about Delta?s obligations in this regard is available on our Web site at http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ayed_canceled/

While we regret your experience, we must respectfully decline your request for European Union-regulated compensation because the flight wascanceled due to aircraft safety concerns. The regulation provides that compensation is not due when a flight is canceled due to circumstances such as this.

Again, thank you for writing. We recognize this was not the response you expected to receive and trust you will understand our position. We value your business and hope you will continue to choose Delta.

Sincerely, Allen Warner
ManagerCustomer Care

Now what? The value of the 10,000 miles doesn't even cover the extra day parking at Hartsfield or the dog sitter let alone the value of lost wages/vacation day I had to take at my own expense.

Does anyone have any names or email addresses at Delta where I can escalate this for further review?

Last edited by GeorgeK; Sep 19, 2008 at 7:29 am Reason: fsda