FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italian Restaurants in Manhattan (consolidated)
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:07 pm
GreyedOut

Originally Posted by Clincher
really. i just ate there yesterday afternoon, the reason they were on my mind and worth mentioning. Granted I had not eaten there in a while but the food was as I remembered. Just shows how one critic can ruin a business

I'm definitely not trying to ruin a business, and I should have added a qualifier in my first post.

I used to get delivery from La Traviata roughly twice a week for around a year and enjoyed it very much... After their separate delivery arm closed (a few months ago) the food delivered from the retail location declined in quality. It got to the point where neither I nor my co-workers will order from them anymore.

Here's the catch: I've never eaten in house at La Traviata! Many restaurants have varying quality for take out vs. in house, and I really hope this is one of those cases - Traviata used to be my favorite delivery resteraunt in the area. I should actually try eating-in there some day I'm glad to see its still getting good reviews ... I'll have to give it another chance

Last edited by GreyedOut; Sep 14, 2008 at 9:13 pm Reason: grammar