FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:11 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
For nostalgia's sake, my coins get dispursed around Boston's storied Fenway Pahk!...

As planned, I took $75 worth of coins to the baseball game last night. I used $6 and change to ride the train one way into the city from my home town 45 mins north (was not at a spot that had a CC ticket booth) and went to the bar where my friends met me (one of which had been in the city for work and would be giving me my ride home after the game)

I ate and drank on a CC but when we later went to our seats, I bought my first round of expensive but crucial stadium beer with coins. The person at the counter said, "boy, you must have ridden the train in!" as I handed her a roll of $25 and we took out what was owed.

I later did exactly as I had imagined and from where I was sitting, I yelled out I wanted the cracker jacks when the vendor walked down the nearest ramp in the stands and the guy selling them tossed me my bag. To pay him, I then showed him the roll of unopened coins and said "it's $25..." He had wide eyes as I tossed roll #2 to him over a full row of people, who noticed as well

He sent the paper currency change back, which was passed to me by the fans near me.

Later, more beers were had using the coins I still had left over from the earlier round and some of the paper currency, and at the end of the very long game, a slice of pizza. I actually came home with an unopened roll of $25 that I'll simply cash out or use elsewhere. (I was pissed that my friends insisted on buying two other rounds because then I could not use the roll of coins--one of them made quota early so he felt like spending his bonus money on our drinking enjoyment at the game. Darnit! )

Sadly, we lost the baseball game to Tampa Bay, whose still in first, in a game we could have and should have won but we did not score way too many times when we really should have and could have. Earlier on I called it that this game would go into extra innings and when it did, I predicted 13. The game was something over 5hrs and it went 14 innings with us losing 4-2 because we have Mike Timlin, an old pitcher that had been good for the team for many years but really should stop now. Plus, TB just has some darn good pitchin' but lemme tell ya: It IS comforting to know that this time it's baseball without the NY Yankees being a pest anymore cuz they're OUT of the playoff race!

Oh well, we will still make the playoffs and will maybe over take these guys later in Sept. If I go back to Fenway, I will bring more coins. Now I feel we MUST make the playoffs just so I get more chances into October to spend them there if I get more tickets!

MM