FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread
Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:19 am
JCinNYC

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
What does everybody think of a flight from SEA getting in at 13.30 on Thursday and continuing on to AMS later in the day? Think that is still possible? I just checked-in online and only then realized that Ike might be heading for IAH (haven't watched TV for a while, amazing what lack of cable news does to sense of impending doom...)

According to NOAA, the storm is predicted to still be in the middle of the Gulf at around 1AM Friday morning and will only be near the coast around 1AM Saturday. Think I can squeeze by? I have good travel insurance, maybe Ike will take that into consideration.

You should be fine I think Thrusday is early enough for air traffic not to be affected. You could change it to SEA-EWR-AMS though, if that will make you feel better Well, EWR is always a mess... but we it's been nice today and expecting nice weather tomorrow too.

On the other hand, I have a MR on Sat and it seems like it may not work thru IAH! It's a EWR-IAH-ABQ and turn the same day. I would change it to a non-stop flight, but they don't have it anymore, and I believe there are no CLE-ABQ flights.

I don't want to cancel, so I was thinking about two alternatives: (1) re-book on NW thru MSP - CO flight numbers, NW operated; will they change me to these? or (2) try to change to a EWR-PHX/LAS on a non-stop - closest non-stops to ABQ, but I think that's even more difficult since the city pair is different and I don't want to pay fare differences. What do you guys think?