FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 6, 2008, 12:35 am
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MyDearMiles (Post #640)
I am a little upset at the US Mint because I buy directly from them and even have several subscription orders with them and each shipment cost me $4.95 extra. For the presidential dollar coins, I've been paying $35.95 plus $4.95 (S&H) for a total of $40.95 for each one ($25 roll) released so far i.e. 7 to date.

Q: Are the coins you received mixed P and D mint marks? I order single mint mark.
One isn't given the option to choose mint mark under the “circulating dollars program,” which may be one reason the shipping costs are waived under that program. Mine have all been from Philadelphia -- or maybe my eyes are going bad.

I just deposted $4,000 Adams & Jefferson yesterday. They arrived a day before our credit card bills were due. Had they shipped out a day later, I'd have had a whole extra month to take a more active role in their circulation.