FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:48 am
tjk1976

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
As I mentioned in a previous post, I opted against staying at the Palace during my 5 night stay in Copenhagen in August. Having now returned from Copenhagen, I can report that I did stop in at the Palace to have a look. I had intended to ask to see a renovated room because I plan to return to Copenhagen next year, but the front desk was busy and I didn't feel like waiting around. I have to say that the lobby looks excellent, complete with modern looking crystal chandeliers (think Planet Hollywood's new reception area) and workers were busily working when we stopped by. The exterior of the Palace was clad with scaffolding which gives the impression that they're doing a signifcant reno inside and out. I hope they take the great look of their new lobby through the whole building by the time they finish because I would like to stay there next year both because it's a *wood and its location can't be beat!