FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:31 am
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
My stay there two months ago had problems, as well. It was damn hot and the AC had not been completed yet. My room had afternoon sun which meant at 10pm, the room was still about 80F. That's just too hot for me to be able to fall asleep. I used the fans in the room and took two ambien - still a lousy night's sleep.

My biggest beef, however, was the amateurish way they cordoned off the lobby during the construction. They were using quilts and ragtag red blankets behind the front desk -- it looked like something a 2nd grader would've dreamed up. It was a horrible way to experience the hotel upon checkin. I know that the lobby will be among the last components updated, but there is NO EXCUSE for a lobby to look so yard-sale-like.

I never had a chance to meet the GM in person, but I really wanted to ask her how she could allow the public areas to look so inexcusably unpolished. With a budget of $300 and 5 manhours, I could've run circles around what they had done.

All that said, from what I saw, I'd say they'll have a glorious property in a few more months. With AC, I'd have been quite pleased with my room. The other public areas we saw (that had been completed) looked great; they really missed the boat in how they chose to temporarily outfit the lobby. If the brand manager from LM could see what this lobby looks like, he or she would fall off their chair.