FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:27 am
BHSA

Programs: EBG, Hhonours Silver, Starwood Plat, Hertz#1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, Marriott Gold
My experience from a short stay at the Palace Hotel in Copenhagen.

I stayed at this hotel this week booked in for 3 nights but bailed out after only one night.

I had booked and I did receive a renovated Deluxe room, witch had a working AC, don’t think it had been working for to long since the fans was still in the room.

The room it self was ok, but that was also everything that was acceptable at the hotel. The rest of the hotel looked like a bloody construction site and the floor plan was terrible, it took almost 5 minutes to walk from the elevator to the room, mainly because of all the closed of hallways etc. At check in I was not recognised as Plat member, upgrade was out of the question and no Plat perks was offered what so ever.

The staff showed some service instinct, but was either very unskilled or they lied frequently. Like when I checked inn I was told that the reasons there was no wireless network there was because Le meridian had a stnd policy of no wireless network due to security, witch is bogus have stayed on several Le meridian hotels around the world with Wireless. Same lack of knowledge also appeared when asked for some local info.

That after a night where every hour on the hour i was woken since the bell at the nearby city hall rang every hour.

In addition had to argue to get breakfast even if my rate included breakfast, but they didn’t give in, and that’s when I just took my stuff and checked out 2 days before plan.

So summarised if you ever stay in Copenhagen this is not the absolute worst hotel in town but at least the worst international chain hotel. I will never set my foot on this hotel ever again, then I rather rent a car an stay at a hotel in Malmo.

Pleas get another Starwood hotel in Copenhagen, so I can ditch Scandic.