FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVPG free changes - for 2 ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:20 am
UFgatorgal

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
"It was explained to me that this is an MVPG reservation and as long as the itin remains identical for both pax and the reservation is not split, there should be no change fee for any pax on the reservation. QUOTE]"

I was told something different when I purchased two tickets to maui for Novevmber. I am MVPG and hubbie is MVP. The ticket agent specifically said any changes to the tickets would result in $0 change fee for me but hubbie would pay the fee. I am wondering if AS has different rules for fully paid tickets versus paid tix plus $50 companion tix?

Regarding the question on upgrade, does the ability to upgrade 1 of 2 passengers change when using $50 companion tix? In April me, hubbie and mom travelled to HNL. I was upgraded well in advance for return flight. In HNL, I called AS 48 hours prior to return flight to check on upgrades for hubbie (MVP) and my mom (no status). We were told there was 1 seat left but they could not give it to my hubbie because they were on "shared" itinerary so that meant both passengers had to travel in same class. If there were 2 seats left they would have upgraded them both.

Is that really how it works?