FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Dreaded Fruit and Cheese Plate
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:19 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I would like to state that domestic 2 class F service has become quite abysmal at non meal times. United's favorite choice is the dreaded fruit and cheese plate which is simply inedible and gross. The F cabin was even served this on a night flight returning from Hawaii to the US mainland as the only meal. In contrast, the daytime HNL flight at least had good fish and chicken offerings. Would others please chime in? Thanks.
This is news? This has been the case for quite some time -- years, in fact!

Personally, I haven't found the fruit and cheese plate to be inedible and gross at all. However, it is rather repetitious -- luckily, they sometimes add a few slices of deli meat (as mentioned by Bliss above) for a little variety.

Considering all the other changes made RECENTLY (last few months), this issue would come pretty close to the bottom of my list of things to complain about with UA.