FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Des Moines and West Des Moines, Iowa [Master Thread]
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:11 pm
NDDomer86
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I stayed at the Renaissance Savery just a couple of weeks ago, and while not a glamourous property by any means, I would recommend it. I booked the smallest room available as still being in my college years I'm fine with small [dorm-sized] rooms and it also came with free parking. As a platinum I was upgraded to a "suite" (really just a large corner room with a sofabed in the middle of the room) on the top floor (concierge level). I was also noted as the "Guest of the Day" which provided for free breakfast or a dessert. The property is definitely aging (carpet folding in the hallways, old tv's, etc) but the staff was great and the rooms were clean. The bathrooms are tiny but I feel that is due to the age of the property (the closet you walk through to get to the bathroom on the other hand was easily twice the size of the bathroom). I wasn't in Des Moines for anything in particular, so location wise I can't comment specifically for convenience, but it was convenient to a number or restaurants and cafes downtown.