FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:13 pm
cartman13

Help on understanding point value for this:

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a PLT challenge(hoping to get it early instead of waiting to make it sometime next year my travel upped considerably 2nd half of this year and going forward).

Was hoping someone can chime in on this:

I have a trip booked in deep discount fare bucket. LAX-HNL (2 days in between) HNL-OGG (6days) OGG-HNL-LAX.

LAX and HNL are both on AA metal, and HNL-OGG is hawaii airlines, but has an AA flight number (booked all though aa.com).

All booked in Q.

I think the LAX-HNL is easy enough. (i just counted 2556 pts. for the round trip.).

What i'm unsure about is the HNL-OGG segment. it's 101 miles, but will i get 101x0.5? or 500 pts? Also, on the return I go OGG-HNL-LAX. Will I get seperate credit for the first leg @ 500? or will the entire flight that day only count as a non-stop OGG-LAX?

Also, who is the best person at AA to call to confirm this? I asked a rep and they said they didn't have the system to calc it for me. so wondering what desk to call.

TIA