FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVPG free changes - for 2 ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:05 pm
kaceyellis

Programs: AS, BA, VX, AA
[QUOTE=dgwright99;10288570]For business travel, I tend to book early and make changes often in order to have the best chabnce of the lowest fare. As an MVPG I have nothing to lose trying for the "bargain" fares, and making changes as my plans change.

I have a couple of trips coming up with family members, and I want to check a couple of things:
  1. [*]
= It should not create a change fee as it is for an MVPG... as long as both passengers are in the same reservation.

Originally Posted by dgwright99
[*]As it's a single itin, presumably there is only one 1k online/CC booking bonus; who'se account does this go to ? Is there any way to affect that ?[/LIST]
= No it should accrue the bonus on each.

[*]Once I have made the rez, if I need to change my flight, but I want to leave my wife's flight unchanged, is there a way to do this ?[/LIST]
= Yes - the PNR would be divided and essentially become 2 separate reservations - then changes can be made to either or both. However, change fee's would then be charged for any susequent changes to the NON MVPG reservation

[*]Does any of this affect gold UG for the 2nd pax ?[/LIST]
= Yes. IF the reservation is divided, and the second passenger is NOT an MVPG then they would not receive the free upgrade if it were available.

[*]Any other quirks or loopholes I should be aware of as MVPG booking travel for 2 ?[/LIST]
= If it is a companion reservation, both the passenger and the MVPG would need to complete travel together. You cannot divide a companion reservation (except in the instance of irregular operations on the part of the airline where it needs to split you for some reason). Technically you cannot upgrade only one on a companion ticket - however Ive seen postings of a glitch that has allowed that. Truth be told the glitch will probably be fixed so I wouldnt count on it being able to be done for long.