FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVPG free changes - for 2 ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:46 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by maokh
They seem to be pretty smart about it. Even a 24hr first class upgrade with other non-MVP/MVPG's on the itn will split off the upgradee on a new confirmation code.

It made checking in everybody confusing as hell.
This happened on the way to SEA-DOO on our companion ticket. BOB W quickly snagged the last seat when the GA boarded the plane and asked the two of us which one of us would like to upgrade.

A couple of days later, he was checking for the status of the return flight, and he no longer existed (according to the confirmation number).

I should have let him suffer (and be left behind in SEA) for his over-eagerness to grab that F seat , but instead, I was nice and forwarded the email I had received with his new confirmation number.

However, with the ensuing volcanic ash crisis, it certainly made handling our alternate arrangements a bit more difficult. I was also told by several people that the split shouldn't have happened, given that we were traveling on a companion fare.

Seems like a certain computer system might need to be modernized. Oh wait...nevermind...we know what happened last time they tried that...