FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Anything?
Thread: Do Anything?
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2003, 9:04 am
neo_781

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Phillips:
Nothing personal, but I could just hear the two UA associates cursing you during their "talk with you later" chat for grubbing about compensation when clearly you've already gotten what you specifically asked for with the re-routing.

"Give them an inch, they'll always want to take a mile," is what I can imagine them saying, cause that's what I thought myself.

That does not exactly encourage the staffers to be more accomodating or to 'think outside of the box' for the next passenger who may have just as good or better reason for re-routing or acommodation otherwise.
</font>
While they may be exactly what they talked about, at NOtime did I ask for compensation or even get mad/angry/upset with anyway. If anything, I went out of my way to smile and be friendly. The reactions from the two employees was mutually friendly. This was not a confrontation. The only time I mentioned "compensation" was when I asked about the bump voucher. When the agent and I realized what had happend the only actions taken was an unsuccessful attempt to get me back on my original flight.

My hope was the maybe the supervisor would recognize that I was not an adversary, but a loyal customer in a messed up situation and offer something (remember I didn't ask).

Finally, the reason why I brought this up was to get some feedback. Also remember that most people that post on this board know more about the system than your average traveler and that Joe Average might have a right to be upset. UA asks for volunteers, Joe volunteers but recieves no compensation for his volunteerism.

[This message has been edited by neo_781 (edited 07-29-2003).]