FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Passport was not returned!
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2008, 4:59 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by sfogate
I received my new passport first and then a few days later I got back the old one. Don't panic yet.
A friend of mine just got his 1st passport. Passport came, but no birth certificate. A small form was tucked in there saying it may arrive under separate cover - the form also said this applied to other documents like old passports, etc.

Passport arrived on a Saturday
Birth Certificate arrived on Monday.

The incredible thing? He applied for the passport the Friday prior at the post office. 8 calendar day turn-around from the day he applied and paid (cash, converted into postal money order) at the post office counter to receipt of the actual passport.

This was regular service, no express fees or anything paid.

Last year it took me 2 months for my passport to be returned with "additional pages" and I did it express, plus included a return next day air envelope. Last year my mother had to renew her passport and paid the express fee - took two months and only arrived on-time because of intervention from a member of congress.

I couldn't believe it when the new passport had arrived 8 calendar days later. Came from the Charleston, SC, facility, which is the same facility I dealt with.

SDF_Traveler