FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge entry: is a baby considered a guess?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:14 am
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm sure even the Lounge Dragons wouldn't have heart to say no to you bringing the wee one in. - Just keep her away from the booze.
While I have no first hand experience of this, the idea of counting a baby-on-lap passenger as the 1 guest (and not just viewing them as an extension of the passenger they are with) would be too extreme.

I can't imagine the dragons would say no, but it would obviously be better if it was documented on ba.com etc.

Additionally I think that young tots who do have their own seat should ALSO be considered as extensions of the adult passenger up to a given age (perhaps related back to the ticket rules ages?) and should not be considered as taking up the guest space.

And even after that common sense leeway should be used.
- I've seen families take the pi$$ successfully (6 'adult' people on 1 or 2 silver cards with three of them rowdy!) but I've also seen families sadly excluded - 2 silver cards been refused entry for 2 adults + 3 x 10-15 year old very calm and tranquil children.