FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Glenn Must Go" bracelet!
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:22 am
aluminumdriver

Originally Posted by roadkit
You make the assumption that because a call center is operated outsiude the US, it can't provide good custmoer service - as if Americans have a lock on that.

And yes, employees are responsible for their own actions. However, unless UA is like the team in "Major League" I doubt they have endorsed or otherwise told employees to provide poor customer service.

IMHO, employees who provide poor CS are just using it as an excuse to "get back" at management. That's a clue that you should get another job.

If UA employees are "under attack" and are still hanging around, they must either love abuse or be the stupidest employees on the face of the earth.

From all the posts on FT lately about the UA management-employee dysfunction, I swear it sounds like a marriage where one spouse is beating the crap out of the other, and the other one won't try to escape.
I don't love abuse, as I wouldn't think anyone would. But I have been at United over 21 years, and GT has been here 5 years I think. Who should move on I ask? Management moves on and starts over somewhere else with million dollar salaries as a senior manager. I move on and start over as a FO somewhere at the bottom of another airline making $30,000 a year until I make captain again in 20 years. So it is not as simple as you make it, thus the push to rid the airline of the ONE person versus telling the other 50,000 people they need to move on.