FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards 2009 Enhancements - 50% Platinum bonus
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:45 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
This is an interesting find - thanks satori - guess I'll wait and see what happens now, perhaps time to book any 2009 reservations using your points now and see what happens

But, this could be a genuine attempt to differentiate gold and platinum, which have for a long time been 'almost' the same.

So, if there are only changes to the platinum bonus (i.e. gold/silver remain the same) then it doesn't matter too much if the redemptions cost the same amount of 'more' as long as you are a platinum member as you'll start to get more points than gold/silver overall so it should benefit the plat members at the cost of gold/silver? Of course at the moment for me this is a good thing.... not everyone would see the same 'advantage' of course

I'm also curious what this means
No Blackout Dates: You’re free to redeem Marriott Rewards points for any available standard room at Marriott hotels worldwide. Because your trip should be on your schedule…
Something even more expensive than the current 'anytime awards'? Or just anytime awards at really 'anytime' as long as the hotel isn't full? It might be more worthwhile... but I love my points too much to pay double for a room using them atm