FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Issue: oneworld Award Booked by AA - Use Travel Center?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:30 am
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by macabus
If I'm not mistaken, there would be copious notes attached to your record written by the many agents and supervisors who worked on this ticket.

It may be possible that this was not "another incompetent agent" but perhaps someone who decided to put a stop to the never-ending madness that this ticket has become.
Not another incompetent agent? How so? By looking up the award seats on my preferred flight, telling me that my change was good to go, and then choosing not to reissue it? You're right, those are not the actions of an incompetent agent, they are the actions of someone with malicious intent. I don't think that was the case, but if it was, that makes it worse, not better.

To suggest that I should have just stuck with Y seats on a worse flight time rather than snap up J seats on a better flight is ludicrous. This is Flyertalk, come on now. I agree that it is a short flight, one that I was even willing to take in Y, the way I originally booked it. However, the benefit of a OW award is the ability to switch dates, times, and class of service. I guess one should also not use the benefits of their ticket to make things easier for their ticketing airline.

On that note, I think I'll just let this thread die again. It seems that once again, a mistake by an AA agent has somehow been manipulated by the AA apologists into something that is my fault. Just wait until it happens to you and you will understand.