FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAJOR Issue: oneworld Award Booked by AA - Use Travel Center?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:48 am
Plato90s
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by troyb
Actually, per my previous posts, I removed both open jaws and the ticket was reissued in a higher category, so I have nothing in my itinerary which is illegal.

I would agree with your suitcase analogy, except for the fact that after being issued in the higher 150C vategory and removing BOTH open jaws, my ticket was supposed be flexible per the award rules. That's what I was told.
Did AA redeposit 130k miles, deduct 150k, and then add another 20k in bonus miles into your account?

Short of that happening, you had a 130k award on which AA used a manual over-ride to ticket at the 150k level. Thus it wasn't quite the same as a straight 150k award.
This was a case of another incompetant agent working on my itinerary, not abuse of the rules.
Everyone is incompetent, and it's all their fault.
As far as my letter to AA, it was a bit tounge in cheek, discussed when I was in the midst of dealing with them today. If I do send a letter like that, I don't care what their response, if any, is. I won't be asking for compensation.

I'm sorry, but there are way too many AA apologists here. American Airlines is a company who like many others messes up from time to time. They are not some do no wrong god like being.
Is everyone who don't support you 100% an apologist?

You had a itinierary which started out as illegal routing, got a last minute re-issue in order to fix the illegal routing, and AA managed to straighten out the ticket with what was undoubtedly a pile of manual over-rides.

All I'm saying is that further changes are going to be difficult/painful and perhaps you might consider whether it's worth it to try and re-open this particular can of worms.

I wouldn't, for upgrading to J on a relatively short flight like BKK-HKG.