FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Release of FT?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:09 am
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

some of the things that lin821 mentions above. We'll have in place those test forums for graphics, perhaps a few streamlined forums, a new front end for FlyerTalk to de-clutter it, a few new features which i've been trying to get loaded up for as year now such as searchable PM, etc. Really just a point in time to catch up with all that we've wanted to do for some time. And there are some new member features available with the latest technology release, such as pre-set thread prefixes such as Question:, Seating:, Terminal:, Off-Topic:, etc., new picture galleries for members to use to upload their Do pictures, Trip Report pictures, etc., new member profile pages and the ability to create custom social groups, perhaps like the D.C. area and the Dallas area so it creates with technology, a better way to become "LocalTalk."

A few other things but most of all really getting caught up on far too many things that have been awaiting their time.

You'll get a full list of these things when we finally re-launch, but don't expect anything drastic. For you Search hounds, that's still the responsibility of Internet Brands and they continue to work on it with your input, the same as ramping up the Web site's speed and reliability.

Really just something to wait and see.

NOTE: i incorrectly referred to lin821 as lin832 giving the member a temporary promotion, but alas, was busted and have returned the reference here to lin821.

Originally Posted by GoingAway
I noticed one of Randy's posts mentioned the re deployment of Flyertalk.com coming on September 2nd ... what is this and what will be changing?

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Aug 21, 2008 at 11:22 am