FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:47 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by craz
Me thinks its very Dumb of The Mint not to ship them with Signature Receipt being needed or Registered

after all if the postman simply leaves them by 1s door, (not knowing whats inside) whats to stop a person from Claiming they never got them, either to The Mint or their CC and get a refund. Some have 8 boxes coming at 1 time or more thats $2000-3000

gpapadop, Im not saying you did the above only when I read your post, my mind thought of what someone might do. Im not into that Game just Pts & Miles for me. Playing with The Mint probably means the Feds in 1 way or another and NOT worth it for $2000. if Im gonna rob a Bank I want it to be worthwhile and for $2000 or so its not worthwhile
Yeah, I'm going around collecting addresses of all the FT members in this thread and dressing like a postman and...

I'm kidding.

But what I do think that the US Mint of all places ought to be as "security-minded" as the TSA! I mean, this just proves that whenever you call into say, some customer service center about some account you may hold, and they ask you things 'for security reasons,' it is just for THEIR security, not yours. They don't give a rats ...! And here, with anything between $500-$3,000 worth of coins sitting on one's doorstep for the world to see is a pure example of that.

I wouldnt be surprised if people roam the streets trying to check out what's out there and snag it. I mean just the other day I got my gas grille tank filled and had left it by the filling station when the store clerk went inside and I had too because I realized I also needed something else in the store... Anyway another clerk scolded me saying to NEVER leave the tanks outside because people actually drive by, look at the store, come into the lot and snag them when that very moment presents itself!

I think it sucks that gpapadop had this happen and cannot feel confident in playing the game here. I hope it does not happen to anyone else.

I do recall learning long ago that generally, the cops, at least, rarely investigate too heavily on things lost that are below $2,000.

But it's still money to you and me!
In fact, as we speak, I have 2 orders that say they shipped and I just found this post to be sure to track them:

Aug 2, 08, 9:29 am #372
Flyer737

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
My tracking number has twenty digits (all numerals) followed by the words "Parcel Post" (all capitalized).

Neither of these websites accept my number. Any ideas where else this might work?

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/index.jsp

https://interactive1.dhl.com/TrackRe...ller/anontrack

In my experience, the US Postal service tracking site usually does not work until several days after the item has shipped, which is sometimes after the item is delivered. Even on priority mail packages.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Aug 21, 2008 at 4:06 am