FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to expect: YVR-LHR -> LGW-NAP FIRST/CLUB
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:24 pm
virtualtroy

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Before regulars pounce on you, my thoughts:

1. No
2. Because this is something which carriers which offer less coverage offer as a competitive advantage in select markets. I believe the BA F product to be vastly inferior to many long haul competitors (SQ, LH, 9W, EK, CX - for example) but these don't have to match the same network.
3. Options range from a taxi to a coach transfer. None are particularly glamorous, but 4 hrs is ample time, assuming your luggage turns up in a timely manner at LHR.
4. Yes and based on my and others feedback, you may find the service more initimate and attentive. The product is uniform. There are showers if you want to freshen up, but no Elemis Spa.
5. Pass
6. Yes, given that this is a reasonably long sector within Europe and the time of day, you should have an ok hot meal. Based on all of my previous experience on intra-Europe flights with BA, either in Y or Club, I'd prefer to eat before, but that's perhaps just me.
7. LHR rule is now 2, I haven't flown through LGW since this reform, so bow to others with more recent experience.
8. That depends on how long you've been married for and the state of communication in your relationship. If you're still good friends and enjoy communicating, I'd recommend sitting together. If you'd rather send her a drink, with your compliments ("from the gentleman in 2A"...), well that's your choice. Surprised by this question