FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:41 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by craz
My orders have been "In process" for a week. Based on your post I rechecked and seems the 1st 2 placed last week for 4 coins are being shipped today. The last 2 ordered Jackson & Washington is "In process" yet the site says Jackson is N/A, wonder if they will ship washington or hold it back? also I wonder if Jackson was set aside when I ordered? Time will tell

BTW SPG is much better to use as 20k = 25k in miles in most programs. But its a much better value using it towards Hotel stays then Airline Miles, especially as more and more Carriers are reducing the # of Standard Awards and charging all types of Fees for the so called Free Tkts

yes, thanx, am award of the 25-20 thing and that's why she primarily uses the amex. She could not find it today though. hahaha.
so we used the rarely used MC. Maybe the godz are smiling though by calling about the fraud alert... we (A) dont need miles in that acct now and (B) just found her AMEX and placed yet another order using that! Turns out on that card, her address says "#1" after the street already!

And on that card, she has just the last half of her last name, so it's the same as mine. Now the only variable will be the #1 and whether that works or not using her amex.

I would suspect that if a credit card holds or cancels an order of something you buy, the US MINT, who processed the charge, would cancel your next one til those records clear in some system, meaning her MC would probably not be usuable for these had we not called in to fix the fraud alert and/or did NOT let the charges go thru by calling citi. We called in and everything was automated. Once we verified she did in fact make today's $2,500 charge to what Citi called "Misc Government Services" the system thanked us and will let the charge go thru.

Now, my wife has a $2,500 test being processed on our address with "Apt 1" and a new $500 test on an Amex with our address + "#1" and we hope to get em all plus my pending orders too!

of course, I just realized on her printout of her AMEX order she left out her middle initial that's on the card. Oop! Well, in the Mint ordering fields, that one does NOT have a * next to it so maybe it does not matter? Oh well.

Last edited by Marathon Man; Aug 19, 2008 at 7:52 pm