FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More AA Experiences
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:57 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Great report - I love your writing style

FA visibility and BP checks during boarding is something I have noticed AA does very differently to BA. I get a sense that AAngels are following procedure but once boarding is nearing completion they work their way through the cabin, ensuring everyone is comfortable.

I'm not a massive fan of the NGBC seat either. Primarily because my preference is for a window seat. On a recent trip, after a short snooze I awoke to discover my neighbour had set up his tray tables with all the AV trinkets neatly arranged in an orderly, ship-shape fashion. So you can imagine my reticence before eventually asking him to let me out. In doing so, it required him to dismantle his entire set up and collapse his trays. But, you know - what else can one do? I know BA's NCW window seat receives many a complaint here with regard to ease of access but personally I much prefer it - hopping over the adjacent footstool is a minor imposition.

You can take some comfort re. champagne assessment. I can confess to being a complete philistine in this area, I can barely tell Monopoo from Mumms or Pommery from Pergnion, especially at altitude. The Malbec does sound very pleasant though.

Many thanks for sharing ^

Last edited by Prospero; Aug 17, 2008 at 8:04 am Reason: fix typo