FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SWA/VISA Promo: $25 off a future flight with $100 southwestgiftcard purchase
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:25 am
icurhere2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Now that I've waited at least six weeks for the certificate (the previous WN CR attendant told me to wait six weeks instead of the four weeks the T&Cs state), I called back to WN Customer Service. Now, the attendants state the supervisors are insisting that the purchase must have been made on a Rapid Rewards Visa and this was a special offer E-mailed only to holders of the Rapid Rewards Visa. I explained that the promotion was on iflyswa.com, read the T&Cs to them and noted that this new provision of "must be a Rapid Rewards Visa" was never suggested or stated. The promotion states "Visa card" and "US-issued Visa card".

The representative said she would submit the request to Visa to see if they would honor the promotion. I further explained that the credit has to be used by August 31 . . .

I can handle a promotion not running smoothly - I can't handle being told lies (intentionally or inadvertently).