FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kosher eats in Heathrow and London & Jewish tourist suggestions
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:58 pm
gr8aunt

Thanks so much for your input. Since our time in London is so limited we really don't want to go all the way to Golders Green. We don't even want to waste time sitting through a full restaurant meal since we are on our way to Israel and will find plenty of good eateries there. We just wanted to be able to grab a sandwich but would like to eat it somewhere where we could also grab a cup of coffee or tea.
Saluto, thanks for your suggestions but I'm not big on self guided tours. I've done the London walks before and have always enjoyed the personalized insight the tour guides provide. I'm just disappointed that the Old Jewish Quarter (a shtetl called Whitechapel) walk isn't given on Mondays. If you can think of the name of the walk you went on that wasn't specifically Jewish let me know and maybe that walk is one that's available on Mondays. I do like your idea of spending the day at the British Museum if there's a monsoon the day we arrive!
Craz, yes, we do plan to purchase a day pass for Zones 1-6 so we can get all around London. I understand the day pass also gets us 1/2 price tickets to the Tower of London so that's a nice little bonus.
Thumper - So, why did you and your wife choose the Big Red Bus over the Original London tour one? Both bus companies pretty much offer the same tours and river trip so I am curious as to what made you choose one over the other.