FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest upgrade list you've experienced?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:56 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I was flying on an MD90 (or 88) from SNA-SLC Monday, full flight. I got upgraded at the 5 day window and the FC cabin showed full on the day of travel. My wife, an FO, was on a separate ticket and did not get upgraded, but was on the upgrade list. We were flying with two of our sons (no status) on yet another separate ticket and as I had to work, she went to 27a/b/c (good exit row seats) with the kids. The flight took off with one empty FC seat. Had it not been for the fact that she would rather sit with the kids in coach than in FC alone/with me on this short flight, I would have made some noise, but did not. Based on this thread, I doubt she was the only medaillion sitting in coach, and thus this goes to show, that DL does not always try to fill the last FC seat with a medaillion, even if there are bonified Medaillions in the back who were on the upgrade list.
Did you take a good look a the person sitting next to empty FC seat? Celebrities have been known to buy the seat next to them as well as their own seat. Granted the person might not have been a celebrity but anonymous rich people don't need to worry about gushing fans sitting next to them but I am sure some still want their (pseudo) solitude.

I am sure it happens (empty seats in FC with upgradeable pax in the back) but I bet it's rare.