FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest upgrade list you've experienced?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:38 am
Flying_Duck

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
How about this... I was on a flight ATL-SAV yesterday, which I hear can be hard for an upgrade. Anyway, DL upgraded our plane from an MD-88 to an ex-Song 757, so we went from 14F seats to 26F seats. I was still number 7 on the list, with only 8 people on the upgrade list and one unclaimed seat.
I was flying on an MD90 (or 88) from SNA-SLC Monday, full flight. I got upgraded at the 5 day window and the FC cabin showed full on the day of travel. My wife, an FO, was on a separate ticket and did not get upgraded, but was on the upgrade list. We were flying with two of our sons (no status) on yet another separate ticket and as I had to work, she went to 27a/b/c (good exit row seats) with the kids. The flight took off with one empty FC seat. Had it not been for the fact that she would rather sit with the kids in coach than in FC alone/with me on this short flight, I would have made some noise, but did not. Based on this thread, I doubt she was the only medaillion sitting in coach, and thus this goes to show, that DL does not always try to fill the last FC seat with a medaillion, even if there are bonified Medaillions in the back who were on the upgrade list.